We love fast and easy recipes that are also delicious. So…we will never call a recipe easy unless sit is ridiculously easy. This vanilla pudding is indeed ridiculously easy and fast to make.
All you need is a handful of ingredients and a little bit of stirring. See we were telling the truth. This home made vanilla pudding is a great treat and with the right amount of imagination can turn into a very fancy desert. Surprise your whole family and loved ones with your new cooking skills as this pudding tastes like it had been made by a master chef.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Vanilla Pudding
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Instructions Vanilla Pudding
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan until incorporated. Add in 1/4 cup of the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the egg yolks as well.
- Place the saucepan over medium head and constantly whisk until the pudding starts to bubble and begins to thicken.
- Take a rubber spatula and stir constantly for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir until incorporated.
- Transfer the pudding into bowls, glasses or plastic cups depending in what you want it served. Lightly press a piece of plastic wrap on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming or do not cover if you like skin.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Serve as you like with whipped cream, crumbled biscuits, chocolate or fruit.
Tips and Tricks FTT
If you want to turn vanilla pudding into chocolate pudding use magic. Joke aside…it is almost that simple. Simply chop 50 grams of dark chocolate and stir into pudding with the butter.
If you enjoyed this recipe you should also try: