We love macaroni …but most of all we love cheese. So of course we love mac and cheese too. If you have been following us you might already know about that. Just imagine that creamy sauce, plenty of cheese and chewy pasta…did we mention cheese? ow yes we did. This is a special treat for you and your soul the comfort food you need after a long week of work.
It will fill you up and satisfy you to your toes :).
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 1h
Ingredients Mac and Cheese
- 1 ½ cup macaroni (we used fussily)
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
Instructions Mac and Cheese
- Preheat the oven at 350F/ 180C
- Put some cold water and a bit of salt (1 tablespoon) in a pasta pot and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it for about 7-8 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Turn the heat to low and begin by melting the butter in a pan. when the butter is completely melted add the flour and stir until it mixes in completely. Slowly add the milk and continue stirring until the flour and butter are completely incorporated.
- Add the cheeses and guess what…yes, stir until everything has melted and the sauce is creamy. At this point you are allowed to taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Drain the pasta and combine it with the cheesy creamy perfection and stir the mixture to coat the pasta evenly and place it all in a casserole dish. Guess what …Add some more shredded cheese for a nice golden crust and place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until you are satisfied with the shade of golden it displays :).
- You have 30 minutes to kill while the mac & cheese is done so fill your time doing whatever you please. Read a book, watch TV listen to some music…
We…as always, take selfies.
All done! Serve the mac and cheese while still warm and share it with the loved ones. Your efforts will surely be appreciated even tho the plating might not look master chef-ish…it happened to us 🙂