Weekends are usually for relaxing and taking some time for yourself…unfortunately that was not our story this weekend. Soooo in order to keep up with our hectic schedule we had to fill yourselves with lots and lots of caffeine.
Not that we are complaining we absolutely love coffee but we needed to step up out game so we won’t get bored with our average Joe.
That is why we tried Affogato.
Basically this recipe is a dessert and a coffee in the same time, simply perfect for boosting your energy when you feel tired.
As you already know simplicity is king when it comes to food from our point of view. That is why we are ready to share one of our most prized coffee recipes.
This baby is an Italian classic named affogato or… better known as drowned ice cream in espresso.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients Ice Cream Espresso
- shot of espresso
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate or crushed biscuits for decoration
Instructions Ice Cream Espresso
- Put 2 scoops of plain vanilla ice cream in each bowl. Perfectly acceptable to have multiple scoops, depending on how much you enjoy ice cream.
- Use a mocha pot, also known as a macchinetta to brew espresso and pour it while still hot over the ice cream.
- Serve immediately with or without cream. Some variations of the recipe also include a shot of amaretto.
Minimum effort for maximum reward. This dessert is instant bliss. You can even call it the ying yang of recipes that combine dark espresso and simple white vanilla ice cream. Effortless, fast and delicious you can literally prepare this ice cream espresso in less than 5 minute.
Everything good in life should be as easy as this recipe.
Tips and Tricks
- Never use instant coffee with this recipe because it does not have the flavor needed to cope with the ice cream.
Are you a coffee lover? Then don’t forget to try these recipes