The secret for a Perfect Grilled Cheese…
Well the secret is that there is no secret. Everybody has their own recipe with or without a twist. A grilled cheese sandwich is basically the first meal that most people learn how to cook and become experts in doing so. The perfect snack no matter the hour. Crispy, cheesy, salty, buttery and comforting in all the right possible ways.
So what qualities is the perfect grilled cheese supposed to have?
Obviously bread, cheese and a grill must be involved :). A perfect grilled cheese must be a grilled on both sides sandwich with lots and lots of cheese ( after all cheese is the primary ingredient..it is in the title). Other ingredients may complement the cheese but never ever ever overwhelm it.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients Grilled Cheese
- sliced bread
- cheese (any kind) the more kinds the better
- salted butter
Instructions Grilled Cheese
- Preheat pan over medium heat.
- Generously butter the surface of the pan or each slice of bread.
- Toast each slice of bread until golden brown and add all the cheese your heart desires.
- Flip over and don’t stop grilling until cheese is melted.
FTT Tips and Tricks
- Low and slow is the way to go. Cook your sandwiches at medium-low heat.
- Keep things moving, in order to get that perfect golden brown constantly flip the sandwiches and don’t let them rest too much on one side.
- This sandwich may also be cooked on an outdoor grill over an open fire.
- NEVER EVER a grilled cheese may be baked or deep-fried.
- Serve while it is hot, with the cheese thoroughly melted.