I think we made it pretty obvious by now that we are absolutely in love with cheese. Anything cheese is a real treat for us and when we’re done enjoying our mac and cheese, we love to spoil ourselves with some new cheesecake recipe. What’s absolutely amazing about cheesecake is that fact that it’s so versatile: you can have a hot slice of cheesecake with caramel sauce during winter or you can have your cheesecake straight from the fridge with fruit jello when you need a way to cool off during summer.
This cheesecake recipe is oven baked and this is probably the only minus we could think of when thinking of it as a summer recipe. Other than that it’s ready in about 1 1/2 hour and you can bet it’s absolutely delicious.
Fruit Jello Cheesecake
By June 5, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
An oven baked cheesecake with fruit jello as topping
- 2 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup flower
- 1 tbs butter melted
- 2 tbs sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pack jell-o powder (enough for 2 cups liquid)
- fruits for garnish
- Mix egg yolks with sugar.
- Add butter and sour cream and keep mixing.
- Add cream cheese to the mix and then add flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Separately, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form
- Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture carefully, half at a time.
- Pour into baking pan, bake for 40 min at 160-170 Celsius or 335 Farenheit.
- Take out of oven, let cool while you chop fruits for garnish and prepare jell-o from powder and water/ fruit juice.
- After garnishing allow to cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
This is absolutely delicious and totally refreshing. You can garnish with fruits of your choice.
We picked strawberries and peaches for a taste of summer and let me tell you, the whole cheesecake was gone before it could properly cool. You can try your own fruit mix until you find one that is absolutely to your taste.
Word of advice: careful when preparing the powder jell-o. We were busy taking pictures and we let it sit a bit too much, so the finished look is not as smooth as we would like. Also, the number one reason for which we haven’t added a jell-o recipe to the instruction is the fact that different types of jell-o powders are prepared differently. Just follow the instructions on your pack and you should be fine.
Like cheesecake? You should also try: