Alright, so for those of you who have a sane head on your shoulders, the combination of yogurt and coffee in the title of this already probably rang the alarm, right? Well, for some reason we were under the impression that a chocolate coffee smoothie would be a good idea. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t.
Now, in our defense, on a Friday, after a full week worth of hectic work, pretty much anything coffee sounds good. So we decided to just go for it and have ourselves a breakfast and cup of coffee all in one. This super mash up was supposed to save us time not kill the light inside of us with just one retched taste.
We’re sorry…we’re supposed to make this sound delicios right? Nah. There are plenty of food blogs out there to lie to you that everything they make is delicious, we’ve decided to be 100% sincere with everything we try, and this was a definite NEY.
Why? Other than than the fact it killed our taste buds? Well…coffee and yogurt, bitter and sour with a bit of sweet and what the hell is happening on my taste palette? It’s that kind of feeling. But don’t believe us, try for yourself.
- Servings: 1
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients Coffee Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup of coffee
- 2 spoons of chocolate syrup
- 120 g straciatella yogurt ( or just skip this step and thank us later)
- 1/3 cups of ice
- whipped cream and more chocolate syrup for garnishing
Instructions Coffee Yogurt Smoothie
- Brew coffee and allow to cool
- Mix your ingredients in a blender for about 1 min.
- Garnish with whipped cream (tip: you are wasting your whipped cream)
- Serve in a fancy glass ( tip: or a plastic cup, you’re gonna throw it away either way)
- Lay down
- Try not to cry
- Cry a lot
Our verdict: NEY – this is the stuff nightmares are made of