Half of our team is all about fancy coffee, the other half is all about straight black coffee. We try to find some common ground now and then, and sometimes we actually find it, see Coconut Oil Coffee. But this Coconut Frappuccino is definitely not one of those times.
This coffee is more like having a piece of decadent chocolate coconut cake than like having what is supposed to be good ol’coffee. And it better be special because this is about as complicated to make as muffins minus the baking. So what with all the mixing and decorating and brewing coffee, you’ll about 20 free minutes if you want to enjoy this coconut delight.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ( from a can, make sure it’s liquid)
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice ( we used honey)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice ( we used almond)
- chocolate syrup, liberally
- whipped cream
Instructions Coconut Frappuccino
- Brew your coffee just as you like it. Don’t sweeten.
- Add coffee, coconut milk, almond milk, sweetener, about 4 teaspoons of chocolate syrup and coconut flakes to your mixer. Mix well
- Decorate a tall transparent coffee cup with chocolate syrup by dripping it on its inner walls.
- Pour coffee mix in your cup
- Decorate with whipped cream, coconut flakes and chocolate syrup
Note: Because we made this during winter, we didn’t feel the need to make it extra cold as the actual frappuccino ought to be. If you make this when you’re not already freezing, add a few cubes of ice before mixing.
Now, if we were to be 100% true with you ( and you can trust we always will), this wasn’t exactly stellar. Mostly, I think, because the amount of coconut flakes in the original recipe was crazy ( hence, we adjusted it). The taste is pretty good but add too many coconut flakes and it’s a bit scratchy down your throat.
All in all this was pretty good, but not sure if it’s worth the trouble to make it again, except for some special coconut themed party. We would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
If you try it, let us know what you think, maybe you liked it better. If yes, what did you change? And don’t forget to share your pictures with us!