And because we started our week with a delicious Nutella croissant we want to continue in the same manner. Chocolate Mousse is one of the most simple yet fancy deserts one could think of. Fast and easy to make it does not require any special chef skills – lucky us.
We have discovered this recipe by mistake as one night we were watching Game of Thrones and all of a sudden we got in the mood for something sweet and chocolaty. No it was not the gore nor the violence that got us in that mood…so do not judge us.
So…long story short one of our main “chefs” went online to google fast chocolate desert and she stumbled upon this beauty.
Delicious, fluffy and incredibly fast to make this Chocolate Mousse is great for any occasion. May it be you want to impress or surprise your family or you want to audition for Master Chef ( ok maybe we should not go this far) this dessert will make you look like a pro.
Give everybody the impression you know what you are doing following a few easy steps.
Also, one of the best parts aside from the amazing taste is the fact that you will only need a hand full of ingredients for this Chocolate Mousse.
By July 7, 2016Published:
- Yield: cups (5 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 20 mins
Fast, incredibly easy yet fancy this Chocolate Mousee will be the star desert at any hour.
- 300 grams dark chocolate good quality, chopped into small pieces
- 6 eggs separated
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 strawberries to serve
- 2 biscuits crumbled
- Place the chocolate into a microwave bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Add sugar over yolks and beat until the sugar has dissolved. It should have a silky smooth look.
Whisk the whites until they form soft peaks – you should be able to hold the bowl upside down over your head without them falling out!
- Beat the cream until slightly thick and just whipped.
- Add the cocoa powder and cream to your bowl of yolks and mix well. Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Add in the egg whites,and start folding it in gently fom the outside in until the mix is smooth and evenly colored.
- Place the mix into small cups or a big serving bowl and pop in the fridge for a few hours until set.
The end of any long office day is the perfect time to try out this tasty Chocolate Mousse. The perfect pick-me-up, especially if you have a sweet tooth… and we already know that if you are here you are a big fan of deserts.
Just before you serve it give it a dusting of cocoa or crumbled cookies to make it look even more delicious. You can also use cherries, strawberries, chocolate syrup or caramel.
To keep it French, add one table spoon of quality brandy to the melting chocolate. If you want to be playful keep in mind that chocolate goes hand in hand with coffee so try adding two or three tablespoons of brewed strong coffee to the melting chocolate.
For those who are not big fans of chocolate – stay tuned…soon we will teach you how to make Strawberry Mousse.
Liked this Chocolate Moose recipe? Check out more quick recipes in the slider bellow